1 Replies - 366 Views - Last Post: 21 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Playing a movie at the same time in two different locations.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm trying to find a way to watch a movie with my girlfriend who recently moved to a different part of the country. Google+ hangouts are great and the ability to watch youtube videos together is awesome, but I can't watch a full length movie because youtube blocks it with its content id check.

So I thought I know a little about web development, used to work support for a web hosting company, how difficult can it be. So I go online do my research and see if anything exists. I found synaptop.com, which works, but it is super clunky, their interface is a pain to work with and it just causes so many problems.

Looking around more I found VideoJS a html5 video player. Hmmm so I think to myself maybe if I just start with the play button. Modify the code so it sends a message to the server to schedule a start time at a certain time. Viewers will then poll the server to schedule a start and start at the same time. Perfect.... so I open up the code to VideoJS holy crap what did I get myself into. Back to square one, seriously someone has to have done this before. I can't be the only person to want to start a movie in two different geographical locations at the exact same time. Does anyone know of anything, do you have any advice in implementing the server side of things or what specific client side functions I should use to get the time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Playing a movie at the same time in two different locations.

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Playing a movie at the same time in two different locations.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Why not just use some sort of remoting software? Like teamviewer.

https://www.teamview...m/en/index.aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1