3 Replies - 1117 Views - Last Post: 29 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Startup Engineering Course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

I am following Stanford's free "Startup Engineering" Course on Coursera.org, and I have to say, it's really good https://www.coursera.../course/startup.

It teaches you some of the philosophy and business behind creating your own startup, and teaches you a lot of technical practices which are current in Silicon Valley, such as Amazon Web Services, node.js, responsive design. It also encourages you to get stuck in and actually make a startup. I can think of far worse things to do if you are a 20-something programmer looking to make his or her mark in the industry.

This post has been edited by wordswords: 21 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Startup Engineering Course

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Startup Engineering Course

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Cool, I should check this out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm in it too. It's pretty dope so far. I love how it's like a real world experience in building production systems. Many undergraduates don't get that kind of experience in school. I think these kinds of courses make Ivy League education top-notch programs stand out from the rest. I'm blown away by all the new web technologies that have come out in the past year, especially seeing how prominent Javascript is becoming.

This post has been edited by blackcompe: 29 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

You also might wanna check out the book The Art of the Start and How to Win Friends and Influence People. They are both excellent books that can teach and help apply a large amount of knowledge that translates to the start-up mindset.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1