3 Replies - 324 Views - Last Post: 23 June 2013 - 05:04 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to use postgremysql with Wamp Server?

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hi everybody.... i am new to postgre and i am currently running a system using the postgre and i want the particular dbms to connect to the wamp server.... i am searching in the google on how to do this but all of them are explaining so broad... i want it to be simple...

i already now that m in wamp is mysql but since we have been using the postgre is there any way to remove the mysql in wamp and replace it to postgre??? or anything that i will be able to use the postgre and my server together for me to be able to run my ongoing system??

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to use postgremysql with Wamp Server?

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to use postgremysql with Wamp Server?

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

This guy at Tutology seems to have clear instructions. He starts from the initial installation, so you'll just need to read through that part.

If you get errors they may even be solved in the comments that follow his tutorial.

Just be careful to amend the correct php.ini file as there are a few of them. This page confirms that the one reached through the wamp tray icon should be the correct one (sensibly).

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 22 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

is there any way to remove the mysql in wamp and replace it to postgre

You don't need to remove MySQL, you just need to modify the settings for Wamp so that it can talk to PostGre.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 22 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 22 June 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

This guy at Tutology seems to have clear instructions. He starts from the initial installation, so you'll just need to read through that part.

If you get errors they may even be solved in the comments that follow his tutorial.

Just be careful to amend the correct php.ini file as there are a few of them. This page confirms that the one reached through the wamp tray icon should be the correct one (sensibly).

wow.... thanks a lot for helping..... i really appreciate it.. i will follow the instructions in the link you have given me...and i will give a thumbs up for your reputation...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1