2 Replies - 529 Views - Last Post: 24 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello World!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Travis. I am 13 years old and I do mostly web development, but sometimes I do make desktop applications, and eventually I want to learn mobile development. I first got into coding when I was about 10 years old, I was making sites using those crappy online editors and one day I came across this YouTube video which was titled "How to Make a Website in Notepad" (or something like that), and thus immersing me into the wonderful world of html and web development. After that, I kind of laid off coding for about a year, only doing stuff once in a while. Until about the last month of 2012. That's when everything really kicked off. I had already known a little bit about PHP and MySql, but thats when I really actually learned them. I even built a user login system which I had wanted to do since my first site when I was 10. I'm still a beginner though, so I may ask some stupid questions. I always look on Google for at least a couple hours before asking a question though. I really would like to help and answer others questions, but I don't know enough to answer most of them. Hopefully in time I will be able too.
My Blog: http://www.travestyprojects.tk/

Name: Travis
Birthdate: September 20, 1999
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 130lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Greenish blue, or blueish green?
Education: Middle school (currently in) and 2 grades ahead in math (pretty proud about that lol)
Programming Languages: php, vb.net, mysql, currently learning javascript
Years Programming/Designing: 3
Employer: none
Hobbies/Interests: gaming, hunting, fishing, football, wresting, web development, graphic design, programming
Favorite Bands: SlipKnot, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica,, Mudvayne, Korn, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Def Lepard, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Eminem, 50 Cent, Tech N9ne, etc...
Favorite Movie: The Waterboy
Favorite Color: Realtree AP
Favorite Number: 69
Favorite Beverage: Mountain Dew
Favorite Food: Venison
Favorite Sport: Wrestling
Favorite Phrase: Hey Jack!
Favorite Animal: Whitetail Deer
Favorite Video Game: Minecraft, Skyrim, San Andreas
Favorite Quote: "Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." - Bill Gates
Dislikes: When my code doesn't work
Last Good Book I Read: American Sniper by Chris Kyle
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: The ability to pause, play, fast forward, and rewind time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello World!

#2 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello World!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Welcome to DIC! Sounds like you'll be answering a lot of questions as well as asking them...

(and don't worry about asking stupid questions - if you can't find the answer after doing diligent research, it's probably not that stupid a question after all)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hello World!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

Thank you!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1