Just wanted to say thank you

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 447 Views - Last Post: 04 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Just wanted to say thank you

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

POPULAR

Well, it's been about a month and a half since I started to learn C# and there are a few people on this forum I would like to thank for pushing me and giving me great advice. I may be missing a couple names and I apologize if I missed you.

macosxnerd101
andrewsw
AdamSpeight2008
Witchking
Curtis Rutland
Skydiver

Without their help, suggestions, and guidance I wouldn't have the knowledge I have today.

I am still very much a C# and programming noob, but I can already see how potentially life changing this experience has been. I continue to learn new things each day and right now I am currently learning about methods. At this point I can honestly look back on a couple of my first posts here and get a good chuckle at how little I knew of C# and programming in general.

That's not to say I know leaps and bounds more than I did before, but I do feel that I have a solid understanding of the very basics of programming with C# and that will help me tremendously with each new subject I learn.

I really do appreciate the help that these people have given me and I believe it was AdamSpeight2008 that said keep trying things over and over and keep making lots and lots of mistakes. I can't tell you how true and helpful that statement is. I took that advice and it has helped me enormously on a few of the challenges from the book I am currently reading.

I still have a mountain of information to learn, but without the good people of these forums I doubt I would be where I am right now. So, I just wanted to say thank you.

This post has been edited by Curtis Rutland: 25 June 2013 - 10:40 AM
Reason for edit:: added member tags

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 8
  • +

Replies To: Just wanted to say thank you

#2 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just wanted to say thank you

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm going to move this thread to our Feedback forum.

I'm glad that I could help out. I like it when people actually want to learn.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for making the names into links to their profiles. Thought about doing that after I posted it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm glad I could help! I'd like to add that at this point, you've written more C# than I ever have. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 25 June 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'd like to add that at this point, you've written more C# than I ever have. ;)/>

Well, then I have to say that it's awesome you're still able to help!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Programming knowledge can be specific and general. For instance, knowing the grammar of C# is very specific, but the logic needed to write programs is very general. Mac isn't a C# developer, but he is a developer, and understands the logic behind writing a program. It's like thoughts vs. speech. You know what sentiment you want to imply, whether you say it in English or Spanish is almost incidental. Same with programming languages.

Plus it helps that he's pretty experienced with Java, which has very similar grammar to C#.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#7 Skydiver  Icon User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Semus: You are very welcome! I'm glad that you are making journey of learning. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts in the future when you start helping others since it'll be fresh in your mind on how the learning curve goes. You'll also probably have a pretty good review on the book that you are using to learn since you are tackling the exercises with gusto.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1