4 Replies - 912 Views - Last Post: 30 June 2013 - 01:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Beginner to android app programming and mmorpg programming

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hi all ,

I am the new kid on the block , just joined like 5mins back . I do not have any background on programming and stuff but i am very curious about it and looking forward to learn a language . Hence my question.
I am looking forward for programming a mmorpg for android and was wondering which language would be the best suited , for fast execution and stuff and if anybody could tell me where to start with the coding .

I have the plan, math and other details of the mmorpg worked out . now i just need to make them come to virtual life .

Thanking,

BigFudge

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Beginner to android app programming and mmorpg programming

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Beginner to android app programming and mmorpg programming

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

For Android development, you'll want to use Java. If you haven't written a line of code before though, you're biting off way more than you can chew by trying to write an MMORPG. Start with something a lot simpler and build up your skills. Set yourself up for success!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostFudge, on 27 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

I do not have any background on programming and stuff but i am very curious about it and looking forward to learn a language .

That's great! You should start working on some small projects with which you can practice your OOP and your Java/android in general

View PostFudge, on 27 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

I am looking forward for programming a mmorpg for android

Whoa Whoa. MMORPGs are made by teams of dozens of highly experienced programmers. You said you're new. this by means says you can't throw our dream away, but try something smaller and more realistic first.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostFudge, on 27 June 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I have the plan, math and other details of the mmorpg worked out . now i just need to make them come to virtual life .

no you don't. Where's the GDD? If you don't know what a GDD is then you don't have it worked out.

As others have said this is a hugely complicated project made even more so by trying to pull it off on a mobile platform with potential network latency issues and constrained resources. Look to write a basic game of whatever kind first so that you can learn some of what you claim to know already but don't.

Good luck! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Ah , Yes I am very new and I am aware its gonna take alot of programming to reach there.
I just wanted a small kick start on where i should start from . And thanks to you guys now i do .

Thanking ,

Fudge
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1