3 Replies - 248 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Splash page for a VB.Net website

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hi guys

I am new to vb.net but I was asked to create a splash page for a website based on VB.net. I found a few tutorials for splash pages but they are all for VB applications not for websites so I do not know how to do it. Could you help me with ideas, guidance and preferably links .There is no requirement to achieve it using VB but the solution should not use cookies.

Thanks in advance!

PS: This is my first post in here so if I have broken the rules in some way - my apologies.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Splash page for a VB.Net website

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Splash page for a VB.Net website

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

A few things - do you have an example of a website with a splash page?

Typically splash pages are something to show while the app is loading data, right? What exactly are you loading on a website besides the website itself?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 27 June 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

A few things - do you have an example of a website with a splash page?

Typically splash pages are something to show while the app is loading data, right? What exactly are you loading on a website besides the website itself?

Hi modi123_1 and thanks for the quick response.

I don't have an example of a website with splash page and to be honest I don't even know what they think it's a good idea but the client thinks it's great.

There is no data loading or something like that. It's just the homepage of their website but they want users to be shown a super cool picture(png file) for something like 3 seconds and then homepage should appear.

Am I right in thinking that there should be a way of writing a function for the homepage that displays this png file before anything else happens or should I look in a different direction? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Why not have the domain's default/entry page show the image, and after X second it redirects to the main page? Javascript can accomplish both.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1