• (3 Pages)
  • +

SQL Basics In VB.Net Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

Did you follow this step?

For the System.Configuration you're going to have to go to Project > Add Reference Then in the .NET tab select System.Configuration for the 2 Imports to work.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

I want to work through this example.

I have just potsted a question on what to use for front end design and asking about compatability with database code.

C;ear;y from this VB.net and SQL are capable of being used together (Im a newbie)

However, I dont have Visual studio full edition, I just have express edtion (2008) so I dont have the funcion to add the the file you mentioned at the begining. :-(

Is there a way round it ??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

I have used your tutorial to try and create an application that allows the end user to execute a stored procedure. right now, when the job needs to be doen, they call us and we need to run the job for them. I want to allow the end user to input the specific term they need to execute and then run it themselves. I know you are very smart with programming and I have been doing it professionally now for about a month. I need some help getting this to work properly.

Here is a link for my original post with code for you to take a look at if you get a chance.

http://www.dreaminco...topic136585.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

i loved reading your tutorial but you'll need to reupload the dataacess zip file coz it is corupted
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

the zip file is corrupt
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

Thank U PsychoCoder for this detailed tutorial...
I work on 1 project, It's a application for my friend with 3 forms, so far I did well, also I make it DB in MS SQL with Table that I call "Konfiguracije" with 8 items and 1 Stored procedure I call it "KonfiguracijeInsert"...I'm using Infragistics UltraWinGrid to show on form, and it's all good...problem is, I try to save datas in grid and no response, when i start application again there is same data i putt in manualy in SQL...I try with your tutorials, and I manage to rearange code fallowing your steps , and it shows me a 3 warrnings, and app work, but without changes when i try to save data to grid...In attachment i put code fallowing your tut, and here are few images how it looks a like:

Konfiguracije

and SQL code error look like these:

MyData Error

,,,how can I make it work, to save data to grids in runtime, where I make mistake here??
...and if u have any simplier option to make it work i will appreciate it...tnx in advance...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Thank U PsychoCoder for this detailed tutorial...
I work on 1 project, It's a application for my friend with 3 forms, so far I did well, also I make it DB in MS SQL with Table that I call "Konfiguracije" with 8 items and 1 Stored procedure I call it "KonfiguracijeInsert"...I'm using Infragistics UltraWinGrid to show on form, and it's all good...problem is, I try to save datas in grid and no response, when i start application again there is same data i putt in manualy in SQL...I try with your tutorials, and I manage to rearange code fallowing your steps , and it shows me a 3 warrnings, and app work, but without changes when i try to save data to grid...In attachment i put code fallowing your tut, and here are few images how it looks a like:

Konfiguracije

and SQL code error look like these:

MyData Error

,,,how can I make it work, to save data to grids in runtime, where I make mistake here??
...and if u have any simplier option to make it work i will appreciate it...tnx in advance...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

When my program gets to this line it says my Stored procedure expects a parameter, where as i have supplied it can you help?

Try
daGet.Fill(dtGet)

Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show("Error recieving data!" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & ex.Message, _
"Recieving Data", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
MessageBoxIcon.Error)
Return Nothing
End Try
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

why do we have to use

cmdDelete.Parameters.Clear() ??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 07 September 2007 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ive seen this before (in fact it happened to me once) and I had to delete my app.config file and add a new one. Make sure to copy anything you have in it that you need to Notepad or something like that.

I have also the same problem with web wired. but i am not using express edition so i was able to make a app.config but my problem is i got this error a null reference. what i did is i added a form with two textbox and a connection button and i put my code on the connect button. here is my code:

'this is the code from my form 

Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Imports System.Configuration
Imports System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings
Public Class Form1

Private ConName As New DataAccess

Private Sub cmdconnect_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdconnect.Click
        Dim conn As String
        Dim m_server As String
        Dim m_db As String

m_server = txtserver.Text
        m_db = txtdb.Text

conn = "Datasource = & '" & m_server & "' &;Initial Catalog= '" & m_db & "';user id = sa;password = P@ssw0rd;"

DataAccess.GetConnectionString(conn)

End Sub

End Class

'this my settings for the app.config

<connectionStrings>
  <add name ="Myconnname"
  connectionString="Persist Security Info = false;
  Data Source = jojo-pc;
  Initial Catalog= BOC_DB;
  User ID= sa;
  Password= P@ssw0rd;
  Integrated Security=SSPI;