1 Replies - 4329 Views - Last Post: 30 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Play video simultaneously on two PCs

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody is aware of a way of playing a video file on two remote computers simultaneously that doesn't involve streaming.

Alternatively, if there isn't a ready-made solution, how would you go about creating one?

Say we have two clients sitting on the PCs with a player open and talking to a server, listening for the play command - a global hotkey maybe. What would be the fastest, most simultaneous method of letting the clients know that they should play?

PCs are Windows machines running MPC, but using the web interface, remote apps, etc. may pose a problem if behind firewalls, etc.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Play video simultaneously on two PCs

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Play video simultaneously on two PCs

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

You specify not streaming... So the video file is on the local hard drive.

Just have your server send a little packet that means "start video" then have your client start it.

We have several tutorials on how to make a client/server application. FAQ 10 will point you in the right direction.

tlhIn`toq's FAQ list

Learning to debug one's own code is an essential skill. Sadly, one that apparently few college courses teach. Silly if you ask me.

Placing breakpoints and walking through the code line by line allows you to actually WATCH it execute.

Visualizing what your code does will let you see why it behaves the way it does.

It would be well worth your time to do the tutorials on FAQ 2. A couple hours learning this skill will save you hundreds of hours of confusion in one project alone.

Did you even read about the command you're trying to use, and look at the examples?
C# Language Specification

TOP most asked:
What does this error message mean?
FAQ 2: How do I debug
FAQ 3: How do I make Class1/Form1 talk to Class2/Form2

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions - Updated Apr 2013
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1