4 Replies - 398 Views - Last Post: 07 July 2013 - 01:16 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem in icon

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

i have notepad in which i have fully programmed but The error is that the release and debug .exe files icon does not Change.i have change the icon in the forms and the setiing also
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem in icon

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem in icon

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostUbadahJafry, on 02 July 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

i have notepad in which i have fully programmed but The error is that the release and debug .exe files icon does not Change.i have change the icon in the forms and the setiing also

Show us some code. We can't help you if we don't know what you wrote to do the task.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I am telling you that the exe is found in bin\debug or bin\relesae but i have set a icon in vb 10 properties but the icon doesn't change
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hi,

Right-click the project in Project Explorer and select Properties. Open the Common Properties folder, select the Build item, and set the "Application icon" value. You can either select an icon resource embedded in the project or select an icon file.
To make an embedded icon resource, make the icon file. You can use an external tool or the IDE's icon editor. Personally, I like to draw the icon in MSPaint or some other program and then copy and paste it into the integrated icon editor.
After you add the icon file to the project, select it in Project Explorer. Then in the Properties window, set its Build Action property to Embedded Resource.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

Project properties --> Application tab --> There is a combo box Named with Icon. Click arrow and browse your .ico file to it. This is not the icon of your setup file. But after you install the application, It is shown the exe with selected icon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1