2 Replies - 318 Views - Last Post: 02 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

What's The Best "Merchant Service" Or "Shopping Cart&#

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

So for one of my sites I'm looking to start an online store. I was looking at open cart and some other solutions. How do you accept credit card payments online for example with open cart? Are there any solutions that people here recommend? What's an easy checkout/merchant solution that's decently cheap for processing fees that you recommend?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What's The Best "Merchant Service" Or "Shopping Cart&#

#2 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What's The Best "Merchant Service" Or "Shopping Cart&#

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Well there are two main parts to an online store. The first part is the e-commerce web solution... aka "cart". The second part is the credit card/payment processing vendor (the merchant account aka gateway).

There are a wide choice of both and while the good carts typically work with all the best merchant accounts, they may not work with them all. So what I suggest you do is first focus on picking a cart system. Some are free (like if you have a wordpress site you can use the WP e-commerce or oscommerce) and some are pay (like Shopify). Look around and see which ones seem to fit your website the best.

Once you pick one, then look up the merchant account types they support. The cheap ones are ones like PayPal Payflow Pro and others which are common include Authorize.net, iTransact and others like braintree or worldpay.

When it comes to picking your payment gateway / processor, just make sure they deal in your currency and I typically go with ones which are in your country of business. In other words, if you are in the US don't go with one from Iran. If you get the hint.

It is up to you and your business needs. Just go to each website, read up on the pricing and pick the best plans for you. Most merchant accounts typically charge a setup fee, a small percentage of each transaction and sometimes a monthly fee on top of that.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: What's The Best "Merchant Service" Or "Shopping Cart&#

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks Martyr. Someone told me merchantwarehouse was the cheapest would this work? I can't tell if this would work with a shop site etc. Perhaps I should just use Paypal? Someone also told me though that Paypal is dangerous since they can freeze your account etc. Do you know anything about this?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1