3 Replies - 737 Views - Last Post: 03 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Just a question having to do with CSS and JavaScript

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hi everyone! I am writing a web page for a company that I want to start to save money. I want to make the layout to flow as the person clicks on the menu the only thing that changes is the content underneath the image and text. Is this done with java script or CSS? I've read both html, xhtml for dummies and php, mysql, javascript and html5 for dummies but I can't find the answers that i need.

[image][image][image]/*very big image*/
[text][text][text]

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just a question having to do with CSS and JavaScript

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just a question having to do with CSS and JavaScript

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

Depending on the content, this is a combination of Javascript and CSS. Where will you get the data? What kind of data? Can you give us an example?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostfromTheSprawl, on 03 July 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Depending on the content, this is a combination of Javascript and CSS. Where will you get the data? What kind of data? Can you give us an example?

The content in the services tab and about tab us will be.text; while, the pictures tab will show both text and images. All of the data comes from their own html pages. See i am new to html so hence what im thinking of doing can be wrong
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

When using a single page to display I like to use the jQuery library with javascript. jQuery has a method .load() that will replace the contents of an html element like a div.

In order to remove/hide elements you will have to use javascript, Html and css alone don't have the power to adequately change elements on the page.

If you get too deep and cant figure out the javascript for this post a question in javascript and we can get you on the right path.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1