1 Replies - 1153 Views - Last Post: 03 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Tracking Best Practices with TFS

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

The company that I work for does roughly 100 projects each year. It seems to me that a lot of the bugs that we see often resurface. Is there a way to track a particular category or type of bug in TFS? For example: I am programming in VB.Net and I roll out an application for production and I get a report that the program looks really funny when it is viewed in with a screen with the targeted resolution but a higher DPI setting. I know I have solved a DPI problem before but don't remember which project. Is there a way to look-up all bugs dealing with DPI. Also, what if before I start programming I anticipate this issue before it is ever a bug, is there a way to track best practices so another programmer can follow written best practices so they can avoid running into a particular bug?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Tracking Best Practices with TFS

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Tracking Best Practices with TFS

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Sure.. TFS has issue tracking... and that's been a big selling point in the newer releases.

http://msdn.microsof...v=vs.80%29.aspx

Best practice tracking? Have a communal word doc, wiki, etc with the information there and do joint code reviews on each other!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1