3 Replies - 1168 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

prepare for interviews

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi everyone.

I wonder what is the good approach to study and review C# and C++ at the same time for the interviews. I don't have interview offer yet, but from the two jobs I've found I will get at least one interview if not both. But each position requires different programming skills for C# and C++. I am not expert in those languages but I know enough that I can carry out tasks with those languages. So I would like to know how can I prepare for the two languages at the same times. I think both languages are almost the same, the only thing comes to my mind is C++ has pointer while C# is not.

thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: prepare for interviews

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: prepare for interviews

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Moving to cubicle corner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

thanks.

This post has been edited by turtleC++: 03 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostturtleC++, on 03 July 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

I think both languages are almost the same, the only thing comes to my mind is C++ has pointer while C# is not.

Goodness no. I think the more you understand about C++ and C# (C++ in particular), the more vastly different they'll seem from one another.

C++ is a monster of a language; it's quite complicated but is very practical. It's pretty much the golden standard for robust systems software - try writing a compiler or an operating system in C#.

C#, on the other hand, is typically used for application development. There's a huge emphasis on OOP (not to say there isn't any emphasis on this for C++) and it's very commonly used for small applications and the web.

The concepts that they have in common are quite basic so you'll hopefully know them off the top of your head or with a quick review. Otherwise, I think you should focus on them separately.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1