How Do You Prevent Constant Posts To A PHP Script?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 817 Views - Last Post: 14 July 2013 - 01:53 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How Do You Prevent Constant Posts To A PHP Script?

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

But they wouldn't need to post anything just to look through the articles. - When I used the word "post", I mean: send content meant to be stored and/or displayed on the site. Normal AJAX request meant to fetch public data (regardless of the HTTP method they use) don't count as such.

You only need to check if a user is a robot if the fact that they are a robot has any meaning. As far as reading public data goes, it has no meaning.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 13 July 2013 - 04:50 PM
Reason for edit:: del duplicate post

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: How Do You Prevent Constant Posts To A PHP Script?

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thanks Atli. By post I meant I don't want a user to have to input captcha codes to flip through articles on my homepage. It's a CMS website. Indeed there is a server post action happening when the user clicks NEXT under articles and bam new articles show. It would be really hard to tell whether or not a user is a robot WITHOUT THE CAPTCHA code and just testing for how fast next or back is being clicked due to the fact that some users may be legitimately clicking next quickly to flip way ahead or behind.

Essentially it's a difficult situation but I don't want a session to happen by a user entering a code or using security questions and the reason for that is because I want users to be able to click next and back somehow with ease and without hassle.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +