1 Replies - 1185 Views - Last Post: 03 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery MySQLi for PHP. Yikes?

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi all,

Criminal I know, but I've been out of the great programming 'jump' loop for awhile. As you can tell. However, what I have here is an exercise for myself. A couple of years a go I made a somewhat simple (hard for me) website that had forms that allowed you to make changes to tables on a Mysql database. I still have the source.

Now, I want to have a go at converting it to use Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery and the MySQLi library for PHP.

Can anyone push me in the right direction in terms of how I could go about this. As much detail as you can please, from which SQL tool to use on my system to decent tutorials on these subjects. Also what code writing tool / compiler to use. I really know very little at the moment and I need somewhere that I can safely ask questions.

I'm very slightly having a melt-down so go easy, please.

ATB.

Forgot to mention I had previously used

XXAMP for MySQL management (can I still use this?)
PHP 5
CSS
Javascript (very basic form valids)
HTML

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery MySQLi for PHP. Yikes?

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery MySQLi for PHP. Yikes?

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

MySQLi is great, but it restricts you to MySQL for your database engine. PDO makes it easier to switch between database engines should the need arise, thus making your code more flexible.

Also what code writing tool / compiler to use.

All of these are interpreted languages. Pick your favorite editor or IDE.

Can anyone push me in the right direction in terms of how I could go about this. As much detail as you can please, from which SQL tool to use on my system to decent tutorials on these subjects.

The documentation and DIC tutorials are good places to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1