• (3 Pages)
  • +

31 Replies - 2504 Views - Last Post: 14 July 2013 - 12:09 AM Rate Topic: -----

#31 jimblumberg  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Generating Substrings

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

For some reason I have visual C++ 2010 express edition, which I downloaded only recently.

If you use Visual C++ and want C++11 support you probably should be using at least VC++ 2012.

I also have Netbeans, but that's another story (I'm having trouble compiling my projects for some reason, maybe it has something to do with not having been configured for C++ since I installed it. I mainly use it for java.

Did you download and install the C/C++ Netbeans plugin?

I have g++ installed as well, but not the latest versions supporting C++ 11.

What version of g++ did you install? In order to get anything other than C++98 support you'll need to use the -std flag when compiling. This could be -std=c++0x (4.3 - 4.6), or -std=c++11 (4.7 and later) depending upon the version of the compiler you're using. Unless of course the version is older than 4.3 in which case you wouldn't have support for either.

I've never tried compiling gcc on Windows so I can't tell you the steps that would be required and what additional dependencies you would need to solve to build the compiler on Windows. You would be better off finding a pre-built version and installing that.

Jim

This post has been edited by jimblumberg: 13 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Generating Substrings

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Thanks, I knew that only vc++ 2012 and greater have support for C++11. Nonetheless, I wanted to try vc++ 2010 anyway, this being before I actually needed C++11.

I checked the plugins on my netbeans ide and the C/C++ plugin was installed. I don't know why, but I still can't get it to compile projects. I will post the errors if needed.

Yeah I still don't know about g++.

I'm think of doing what David suggested and download codeblocks or new devc++11.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +