So even Microsoft knows that Vista is annoying its users

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1478 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2007 - 08:54 PM

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Microsoft promises less-annoying Vista OS early next year

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

So I guess Microsoft knows that Vista is pissing off its users and that the highly anticipated OS is a bit shabby on the hardware support and a bit sluggish on other things. But will they be doing anything about it? I think not. Oh and the best part is, they want you to still switch.

Hurray! Lets all switch to an OS that Microsoft knows will piss you off! Sounds like fun to me!

Interestingly enough, the beta does not appear to include an update to Vista's desktop search interface, which Microsoft promised last month after a legal complaint from arch-rival Google. "The service pack improves the performance of the desktop shell, but it does not provide a new search user interface or a new version of Windows Media Center," the white paper reads. But Shanen Boettcher, a Windows general manager, told Cnet that this would come later in the beta process.

No new search interface yet?!?! I am totally shocked! Personally I think they are just going to change around some graphics and all and not do anything about how it is tied to the OS... which I think is Google's real complaint.

Read more about it at the link below.

Microsoft promises less-annoying Vista OS early next year

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Microsoft promises less-annoying Vista OS early next year

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Microsoft promises less-annoying Vista OS early next year

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

Microsoft is good at one thing, convincing users that they need to use their ( & I use this term loosely) product..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

lol, Microsoft need to make a new windows based on the linux kernel and claim it as there own.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

Everyone is so obsessed with search, I think the search interface in Vista is adequite.

Maybe people should look into organizing their crap better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

lol, Microsoft need to make a new windows based on the linux kernel and claim it as there own.

That won't solve the "problem". Not to mention that Linux and Windows use two very different kernel models.

I'd like to kindly ask that everyone stop the baseless Microsoft or Windows basing. With most issues from the world of Windows, few problems exist with the OS itself. It's the application that relies on bad programming practices that causes problems or a user who runs "unprotected".

Yes, Windows does have bugs, but then again, what software doesn't?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

I expect that there will always be friction between advocates of different Operating Systems, whether there are bugs or not. I've always felt that people should use whatever OS best suits their needs - for some it's Mac, for some it's linux, for some it's windows.

For example, I run linux simply because a windows OS does not provide the level of control that I require in an OS, but that's just me. I also run an instance of Windows for development testing of some applications, and because my wife is not comfortable with linux.

I don't personally care who uses windows, and who does not. Everyone can make their own choice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:54 PM

You know, Microsoft has never listened to me. I asked several years ago that they update thier shell so I could type into a windows nav bar "C:\Windows\*.exe" and filter what I saw to just the exe files... it would be nice if I could filter by other attributes such as size or properties etc.

When you mention this to them, they like to talk about how you can do that with a search. But dammit I miss going to my dos prompt and typing "dir *.exe" and being able to see a list of the executables. (not that I can't do that... but it would be nice to have a GUI interface for it).

Truth is though.... I just miss XTree Gold.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1