2 Replies - 1021 Views - Last Post: 12 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Overflow content outside of HTML Frame Element

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hello

Is it possible to make content overflow outside of a HTML frame element?

For example can I have a video that sits inside 1 frame extend beyond the extents of the frame?
Posted Image

I've tried making the frame have an overflow value of visible. And giving the video (iframe) element a x value of -100px but the video never moves further left than 0px.

Any ideas how I could make the video overflow into the left frame using HTML, CSS or Javascript.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Overflow content outside of HTML Frame Element

#2 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Overflow content outside of HTML Frame Element

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well, if you are using a standard frame you could potentially put forth some CSS to increase its z-index over everything else then move it to the left using either a margin/ position, or some javascript.

I would suggest doing away with frames if at all possible as they are fairly old and most (if not all) designs can be coded up more efficiently these days without them.

The short answer is that it can be done with enough javascript/CSS manipulation. If you post some code I am sure that there are people around who would be willing to help you along with the process too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Overflow content outside of HTML Frame Element

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm going to say on a hunch that you're site is not designed mobile first or is using any type of responsive framework, therefore you could just expand your wrapper div. It looks like it's maybe 1000 or 1200px set width, so you could just extend it a few hundred pixels that would allow your video more room to stretch out, making redundant your overflow issue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1