3 Replies - 4162 Views - Last Post: 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Troubles streaming to Xbox 360

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hey guys. I decided I wanted to setup a small home server to store all of my media on it (music, movies, documents, etc), I have it setup on a small but decent test bench.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a 120gb HDD, and then have an extra 320gb HDD plugged in as my storage. I am able to connect to the server (via RDC and through my Network which will show up all files), and it is displayed on my Xbox 360, but for some reason I am unable to view the second hard drive that is containing my movies.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Troubles streaming to Xbox 360

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Troubles streaming to Xbox 360

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Right click on your external drive, go to properties, and make sure 'everyone' is listed in the security tab.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostILoveJava, on 06 July 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Hey guys. I decided I wanted to setup a small home server to store all of my media on it (music, movies, documents, etc), I have it setup on a small but decent test bench.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a 120gb HDD, and then have an extra 320gb HDD plugged in as my storage. I am able to connect to the server (via RDC and through my Network which will show up all files), and it is displayed on my Xbox 360, but for some reason I am unable to view the second hard drive that is containing my movies.

On your server, start up Windows Media Player and go to File > Manage Libraries > Video and make sure your drive or folder is selected in there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostAdoTheLimey, on 29 September 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostILoveJava, on 06 July 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

On your server, start up Windows Media Player and go to File > Manage Libraries > Video and make sure your drive or folder is selected in there.

Check your file permissions and sharing settings. I had problems streaming to mine, then switched to connect360 on an old mac for my media server.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1