5 Replies - 1261 Views - Last Post: 07 July 2013 - 06:42 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What is a good game making software.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

for two years i have been using Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer and what have i produced? Nothing complete nothing its very hard to understand 90% of the time and it pisses me off so much,so i looked for other game making software and the most popular one is known as Game Maker now i have tried this before and it is even more confusing but it has lots of tutorials on it which mmf2d does not so im trying to look for a simple easy software to use where making a game is not much of a pain.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What is a good game making software.

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What is a good game making software.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code ShadowBoots,

Now, there are a few factors that come into the equation. This said, some factors are:

• Game Platform
  • Is it a 2D or 3D Game
  • Your development machine OS
  • Your skills (Which I am assuming is zilch, due to the fact that you find Game Maker confusing)

If you where unaware, at the top of the Game Development forum, there is a topic pinned called Game Development Tools/Resources, this topic includes an extensive list(with links to various websites) of Tools & Resources, from game making software, to graphics SDKs to even documentation and tutorials. Have a look at the list above, and see what you can find.

As for 'good' game making software... that's a little vague to answer, as all game making software have their pros and cons.

Hope I could help
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

• Game Platform
  • Is it a 2D or 3D Game
  • Your development machine OS
  • Your skills (Which I am assuming is zilch, due to the fact that you find Game Maker confusing)

Game Platform: PC
OS-Windows Vista
Skills-Beginner or low
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

Have you had a look at the list yet?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

I just looked now thanks ^_^

im trying game maker again and i will use this list if i fail Thanks again :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'm going to recommend that you try XNA 4.0 with Visual C# 2010. It's probably quite a bit more complicated than Game Maker (which I'm not familiar with), but you'll be learning real life game making skills including a programming language. Actually, you have to learn C# first, but learning a programming language is just a necessary part of making games. Both XNA and Visual Studio are free downloads. So, it doesn't cost anything to try them.

And you are not likely to get as frustrated with XNA. It's a very solid game making platform even if Microsoft no longer supports it. For learning purposes, it just can't be beat. There are a bunch of books written for it and lots of online tutorials.

And as a programming language, Microsoft still strongly supports C#.

There are a lot of good tutorials out there but I recommend RB Whitiker's stuff to work on C# and XNA (along with buying every book on the subject ever published).

I think XNA is a place where you can make constant progress rather than being constantly frustrated. It's a good place to learn even if you later move on to something else. You will end up taking most of what you learn with you to the next platform you work with.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1