1 Replies - 714 Views - Last Post: 06 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with Submit Button

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I am building a registration form for a 5K. The event is to help a 7 year old with Kidney Cancer. I got the form made but can not get the form button to work. I used MS Word 10 and the developer legacy tools to build my form. I want to put a submit button on the bottom so that it will send to me. Well the button does not have to be on the bottom it can be a pop up or I could embed form in the email but I do not know how to do that either. I have been looking online for 2 days trying to find code that I could use to make it work. I have tried action codes, mailto code and others I can not figure this out. I can usually find what I need through help files and the net but I am coming up empty this time. Can someone please help me figure out a way so that the form can be submitted via email.

thanks
MiladyZ
(limited on VB/HTML skills)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with Submit Button

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with Submit Button

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

You would need to muck around in the code behind (lord knows what MS Word put there), but wrap your textboxes, submit button, etc all in a 'form' tag. In the form tag you'll tell it what page to go to when clicked.. and that page needs to be something dynamic (like ASP.NET, PHP, etc) to take the data coming in and do what ever (like submit it to a database, etc).

http://www.w3schools.../html_forms.asp
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1