2 Replies - 1689 Views - Last Post: 19 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

OSCP prerequisites? my next certification

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys I'm looking for guidance on what my next certification should be.

Right now I'm A+ and Network+ certified. I have knowledge in python, I know my way around linux systems(including basic bash scripting), basic knowledge in database systems( XML, Json, DTDs, and query languages: relational algebra and SQL). Other than Network+, I read Computer Networking A Top Down Approach, currently I am reading TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 1. When it comes to pentesting I have little knowledge on topics like google hacking, pentesting methodology, reconnaissance with whois, and I have read on or used (once or twice) tools like httrack, the harvester, metagoo fil and some others.

Currently studying:

-TCP/IP Illustrated
-Improving python skills
-Improving linux bash scripting

Planning on studying:

-Metasploit Unleashed tutorial
-Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments: The Ultimate Security Guide/The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing from syngress(started to read both not sure which I should stick with)
-Violent python

I plan to finish the books and tutorial above before I start OSCP. I have probably read every review on OSCP, but I wanted to consult with you guys if I have enough knowledge to dive into the OSCP challenge.

Basically I'm looking for your feedback on this matter. All suggestions are welcome and if anyone does not know what OSCP is, it is the entry level certification on Penetration Testing from Offensive Security

OSCP--> http://www.offensive...d-professional/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: OSCP prerequisites? my next certification

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: OSCP prerequisites? my next certification

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Come on guys any response at all can help even if it negative. People in this forum have always been helpful and I' am open to any kind of feedback.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: OSCP prerequisites? my next certification

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Basically I'm looking for your feedback on this matter.

Perhaps clarify what you want feedback on?

Hey guys I'm looking for guidance on what my next certification should be.

How about getting the OSCP done first?

I wanted to consult with you guys if I have enough knowledge to dive into the OSCP challenge.

That's a hard one to judge. OSCP is pretty hands on so it helps to have memorized the order of tests, how to fill out the paperwork, etc. A little different than the multiple choice C|EH test. Are you prepared? If you can confidently regurgitate, run through, and complete any of a 'OSCP Study Guide' bullet points then sure. Go knock your socks off and see how the test rolls.

http://jedicorp.com/...-course-review/
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1