2 Replies - 300 Views - Last Post: 22 July 2013 - 11:21 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Not to reinvent the wheel

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

An envisioned software was initially designed to be developed from scratch but unfortunately lost funding (2004). An alternative is just to choose which among currently available open source software is the BEST CHOICE for possible customization (or as is)instead. Is there a systematic method of comparing different candidate open source software with that envisioned software in order to see which is the closest among these candidates in terms of software requirement specification and design (database structure, features and functionality, etc...)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Not to reinvent the wheel

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Not to reinvent the wheel

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

I figure you would write down the core aspects of you process and see if the various open source projects have those. It's pretty cut and dry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Not to reinvent the wheel

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 20 July 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

I figure you would write down the core aspects of you process and see if the various open source projects have those. It's pretty cut and dry.

Yup actually i've done that already (Software Requirements Specifications) but,is there an existing systematic and scientific method that has been developed specifically for this? Something academic because this actually going to be part of a paper. I've reaserached and so far the closest is SACAM (Software Architecture Comparison Analysis Method) but it's very difficult to understand. Maybe there's something simpler out there. Hope you experts can help. thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1