3 Replies - 3848 Views - Last Post: 24 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Make App for Pantech Breeze III (P2030)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hi all,

Never used this forum before, so here goes. I have a Pantech Breeze III (P2030) phone that I am using. I have found that there are apps and 'tools' and games such as "calculator", "my-cast weather," and "video camera" that are on the phone. There is also a "Shop Applications" app. I want to make an app/tool/game for my phone.

I am a developer, with a substantial amount of C++, python, x86 assembler, and bash scripting under my belt. Dealing with hardware/software interfacing, screen rendering, and that sort of thing shouldn't be too hard, I am guessing.

Here is what I know.

On my Mac (can use a PC if need arises) I can connect to the phone via bluetooth and transfer photos, audio, and video over the connection. However, I cannot transfer apps. It appears that there is an app (Pantech PC suite) for Windows only.

"(PC Suite) Features: Contact Manager, PC Sync, Message Manager, File Manager, MMS PC Composer, Internet Access" from here.

Now, to the developing part. I have done my research and it appears that the phone itself takes Java apps. Not sure if this is correct. So a java app is something that I would make. It also appears that there are games that other people have made for this phone.

For these, look here and here

Questions:

How do I transfer the apps to the phone from the computer?

How do I write to the screen, store data in a file, etc.

Is there any resource for this sort of data/library?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Make App for Pantech Breeze III (P2030)

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Make App for Pantech Breeze III (P2030)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm honestly not sure how to deploy a J2ME app. I've done minimal J2ME development, and that was just a couple years ago. Android and iOS are really where it's at in terms of the mobile market, and J2ME is a dead technology.

You can check out our J2ME tutorials. Mine are a good starting point for the very basics. The Tutoracles are probably the best resource you will find.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 farrell2k  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postblue-ice, on 24 July 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

How do I transfer the apps to the phone from the computer?

How do I write to the screen, store data in a file, etc.

Is there any resource for this sort of data/library?

Netbeans with all the mobile plugins. In Netbeans, go tools -> plugins, and install anything that says mobile. When that's done, you can start HERE. It's really easy once you get into it. As far as transferring files to the device, as long as it s recognized by your OS, its drivers are installed, AND it is able to run unsigned apps (check phone settings), you will most likely be able to build and load through netbeans. When I was porting OBD Trouble Code Lookup from Android to J2ME, my main development device was a Noki e71. All I needed was to install the manufacturer's drivers and I was good to go. If you can run unsigned apps on the device, you can also always get your apps via text or email.

You'd be much better off buying a cheap Android phone and developing with that, or even playing around with the Android emulator for development. 3rd world countries are the only places to sell j2me apps these days. :)

This post has been edited by farrell2k: 23 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

All right. Then I guess what I really need to know is how to get the files onto the phone. Not sure where to get Pantech p2030 USB drivers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1