6 Replies - 1811 Views - Last Post: 24 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I have no scripting skills, so I don't know how to do this myself.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

First time posting to a help-forum. My question was deleted for:

Your question has been removed because it violates our #1 rule: We will not do your work for you! You must show some effort before receiving help.

Problem is, all I know how to do is use stupid beginner plug-ins and make some SMALL code changes. Other than that, zero javascript skills, so I'm at a loss as to how to make this site run offline, on my laptop. For YOU people, this is like eating ice-cream, cause you understand the syntax and can visualize what the code is doing. For me, I waste all day and the code crashes to a halt and I cannot get the IE developer tools debugger to magically fix it and make it work. See, I have this small problem, with not being a programmer and all. That's why nothing is started.

I think I can reproduce this effect in Jquery, using idiot plug-ins. What I would like now is to simply make it run offline, in my reference library.

I've never used a forum before, and have no clue how they work either. Here's the website. Why will it not work as a local file? Everything is changed to local addresses. It's the damn flash file, I think, that crashes each time.
http://www.scottschiller.com/v4/

I had this partially working offline.

But, there are bugs in the code and it crashes and I don't know why. All I want is the DIV animation and not the flash in the beginning. I cannot manage to strip away the flash part and have the remaining divisions animate into view and then expand.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I have no scripting skills, so I don't know how to do this myself.

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: I have no scripting skills, so I don't know how to do this myself.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

You're not giving us any information. You're posting a site and asking someone to give you a working version of it's code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

I do NOT want to use this man's code, because it would mostly likely conflict with a Jquery framework. I'll reproduce his effect using plug-ins. I'm confident of that part.

All I want to do is store this site offline, in case it disappears. I have all the best designs running offline, as sort of a reference library. Isn't that how you people do this? Learn by looking at someone else's code?

Eventually, I'll advance to the point where I can create my own animation. But, I'm not there yet, and that is why I'm at a loss here, as to how to do this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Certainly, but understand if you have little to low skillset in javascript, but insist on trying to tackle jacking some guy's JS animation and website effects perhaps it might suitable to brush up on the javascript, debugging, and utilizing your tools. We love the learning aspect, right?

It would also be helpful to know what isn't working, explain exceptions, and explain how it is not working.

So you see - coming in with some giant task, vague error information, and professing to not have the skillset to accomplish said task paints a pretty bright picture of "do this for me!". As I think about it - it might be a 'post a job' and just pay someone for their help.

If you have further questions on the 'why' do not hesitate to shoot me a pm. (private message found: -> my account -> messages)

edit: bah you said it twice now! I am obligated to post this!
Spoiler

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 24 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postlojuhygtrde, on 24 July 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I think I can reproduce this effect in Jquery, using idiot plug-ins.
Why will it not work as a local file?

This has a lot to do with why your post was removed. There are 3 parts to a question.

What you want, what you have tried, & what you ended up with.

You posted what you want, the url. You tell us that you have errors in your code, but I don't see where you show them.

If you want to hammer a square through a circle with (as you put it) idiot jquery plug-ins, great. If you want to learn, all the better. But it reads like you are asking for the solution because there isn't anything for us to go off of.

View Postlojuhygtrde, on 24 July 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I've never used a forum before

I would highly suggest you use the search feature, & look for where others have tried this. Read through the jquery sub forum, & see examples of both questions, & purposed solutions. Then you will see how the interaction works, & see how others get results. Just jumping in, I can see why you are getting frustrated.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I moved your post here. This topic (the one you are reading) is posted under site questions & support, as you were asking about why the initial post was removed. Posting your code in here, asking for technical assistance with jquery is really off topic. I moved it to not confuse the two questions, & two topics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I believe it was explained why your post was closed. Let's not trying to hijack this into some sort of q&a on your thread post. Please open a new thread with all the available information, and helpful suggestions presented.

If you have questions on the rules and the 'why' that thread was closed do not hesitate to shoot me a PM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1