I really want to get started doing some OpenGL coding in my spare time. I only downloaded glut 3.7.6 which is supposedly the latest version. I already installed glut32.dll into windows system file. I also installed glut32.lib into visual c++ 2005 express edition inside the lib folder obviously. Right now im trying to install the glut.h file, This random web site that I am reading directions from to actually install GLUT is telling me to install the header file to my complier's include\gl directory. I looked in my compilers include directory, and there is not a GL folder. So , I am assuming that I need to download more files to actually get the so called GL folder for everything to work.Someone help me.
The point is :
- Do I only need GLUT to do OpenGL work, or do I need a
combination of files? And if I need more
files, can someone send me a link to get everything working.
- Can someone tell me what is the best version of OpenGL to
work with. And please show me links to download.
- anyone that is reading this can tell me how their OpenGl
is configured in their system would be deeply appreciated.
- Is there a better and free compiler that I can use to do open
gl?If so , what?
- if anyone knows a way to set up openGL with Mingwalso, your
feedback would be appreciated. But as of right now I mainly
want to do OpenGL in Visual studio express.
This post has been edited by HermosaBeach: 02 September 2007 - 10:47 PM