• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 4914 Views - Last Post: 04 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Submit button just displays the .php file

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

OK, something is clearly interfering with the WAMP MySQL service. Without any sort of error logs, however, it's hard to tell what. Try looking for error messages in the Windows Logs and/or the MySQL logs.

My best guess at this point would be that something is already using MySQL's default port: 3306, thus preventing it from listening for connections on it. You mentioned before that you had already installed MySQL on your laptop. Is it still installed? If it is, and it's running, then that would already be using the default port.

You can have two MySQL instances installed, if you want, but you would have to configure one of them to use another port. It's usually unnecessary. One MySQL server is plenty, except for in exceptional circumstances.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostAtli, on 04 August 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

OK, something is clearly interfering with the WAMP MySQL service. Without any sort of error logs, however, it's hard to tell what. Try looking for error messages in the Windows Logs and/or the MySQL logs.

My best guess at this point would be that something is already using MySQL's default port: 3306, thus preventing it from listening for connections on it. You mentioned before that you had already installed MySQL on your laptop. Is it still installed? If it is, and it's running, then that would already be using the default port.

You can have two MySQL instances installed, if you want, but you would have to configure one of them to use another port. It's usually unnecessary. One MySQL server is plenty, except for in exceptional circumstances.

Perfect! I can't thank you enough!!

I THINK what happened was that on start up, my existing MySQL instance started up before the wampserver instance and because of that, the ports got messed up.

Tell me if im doing this wrong but through the same MySQL dolphin icon, I can click it and choose which instance to close. I closed the instance named "MySQL56" and turned on "wampmysqld". I'm pretty sure this is the right method of fixing it because the wampserver icon turned from yellow to green!

Again, thank you SO much for all the help you've given me. I really appreciate it!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Dic Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostHiatus, on 04 August 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

View Postno2pencil, on 04 August 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

This isn't a php issue, this is a web server issue.

Moving to Web Servers & Hosting.

Oops sorry about that! This kinda went off topic. Thanks for the thread move!

No worries. It didn't really run off topic. Dream In Code explorers, & solves the problem, not just answers a question :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +