2 Replies - 714 Views - Last Post: 05 August 2013 - 01:55 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB6 Looping through a list of databases

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a list of an unknown number of Microsoft Access 2003 databases. All of my databases have the same tables but obviously different recordset data.

I am able to open one table from one of the databases (select a table from one database) and edit one recordset. Is there any possible way to update this change to all databases?

For example, if I open Database A and Table AA and edit a recordset called "Speed" from 1 to 2, can I change all values of "Speed" in every database under the same Table and recordset?

Sorry this is a bit confusing. I have been trying to figure this out for a while and do not know if I need to create an unknown number of databases.

Thank you!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB6 Looping through a list of databases

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB6 Looping through a list of databases

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Because I am a nosey nelly and like to see the 'why' in an environments evolution to get to a specific point please indulge me... _WHY_ would you have an environment with an unknown number of similar databases (in structure) floating around? Wouldn't this have been pushed to am ore robust solution like MSSQL or MYSQL?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: VB6 Looping through a list of databases

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hi modi123_1,

At work, for whatever reason, the company stores its data in Access databases.

My mentor would like to design and program a module that will allow him to make changes to one database if he prefers, or uniform changes to a selected number of databases.

This number is "unknown" because he can choose to update one, two,...or all databases.

Thanks. Does this help?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1