8 Replies - 656 Views - Last Post: 20 August 2013 - 01:16 PM Rate Topic: **--- 3 Votes

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to unable the functions of computer like ctrl+alt+del in lan

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

how to unable the functions of computer like ctrl+alt+del in lan using vb. net? i am making a system project. what i proposed is, i will make a monitoring system for our computer laboratory in our school.. but the first problem that i am thinking is what if the client pres ctrl+alt+del then close the apps then they can use the computer without logging in. thank you in advance masters :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to unable the functions of computer like ctrl+alt+del in lan

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: how to unable the functions of computer like ctrl+alt+del in lan

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

i think my post is hidden :( i dont know hoy to unhide it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Do you want to disable your function keys? Well, the sequence you're suggesting is already a Windows function which starts the task manager. I would suggest that you use another sequence or try to disable the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys. I really don't know how to do it. But I know a site. Go to this certain site : My link
If this doesn't resolve your problem. Try to be a bit more specific of what you're trying to do.
P.S : Your post isn't hidden.
Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

hmm this is what i want to do.. i want my program to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL when it is on client mode.. then if its on admin all is allowed.. and yes sir i know that it is on windows function. but i want to control that specific function trough the use of the program i am creating in vb.net.. its just like a conputer cafe system..

ps.. i have another question. how to create 2 program or system having a client and a server.. i mean i am creating them individualy but sharing 1 data base.. i hope you can help me guys.
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "client mode" and "admin mode." If you're talking about users/admins in a network, using Privleges you can make it so a certain group of users is unable to use certain features, like Task Manager.

This is more of a networking thing and not something you need to do in VB.net, though.

Now for VB.NET...
I did a bit of poking around. From what I understand, Windows doesn't want you to be able to programatically disable the "CTRL + ALT + Delete" because that's important to being able to troubleshoot a system.

Most of the workarounds I found were instead aimed at not the keypress, but instead making sure the tskmngr program doesn't actually come up. Such as this one where it looks like they edited the registry. http://www.codeproje...sALTplusDEL-Key I suppose you could also probably make your program close the task manager when people try to open it.

If you DO decide to go after the keypress instead, please remember to keep in mind that "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" will directly open the task manager on Windows 7. You'll have to watch for that, too. (And probably windows 8? I don't know.)
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

wow the link above is very useful :) thank you very much sir... that's the thing i really need to do.. i don't want the users to close the program trough the use of CTRL+ALT+DEL because if they do they can access or use the computer even without logging in.. I'm very sorry I'm not very good in English that's why i can't really explain what i really want to do :(
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

A couple of problems here. First of all, the OP has made no effort at all to show us his own work. All he does is ask for the code. Next, trying to programatically control Windows permissions/processes? Whether or not it is for an innocent application, it sounds dodgy as hell, and here at DIC we don't do dodgy applications.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

What, are you going to disable the command prompt too? Executables? Scripts? etc. etc.? Might as-well, right? There's many way's to close an application.

I agree it sounds dodgy as hell.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

I agree this is a bit shady. We don't help with spyware, regardless of intentions. Please do not persist in asking for help on this here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1