• (2 Pages)
  • +

22 Replies - 1826 Views - Last Post: 29 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Shows/performances/festivals

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

What have you guys been up to? Been seeing anything new? I wanna hear about it. Unfortunately I couldn't see many shows. But I'm going to go see Flosstradamus perform soon. And besides local business-touting festivals, there ain't been many festivals around.

But what about you guys? See any great live shows? Find some fun festival? I hear burning man is coming up.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Shows/performances/festivals

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Shows/performances/festivals

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

i went to run the jewels on sunday night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_rwa4ZbKgA

i'm going up to denver to see queens of the stone age this thursday at red rocks

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFca32_7YUU
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Nine Inch Nails in KC at the end of September.

Maybe Bobcat Goldthwait's new movie screening next next week.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Saw Tim McGraw earlier this summer. Just saw Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band and Eli Young Band this past weekend. Zac Brown puts on a hell of a show. Never seen a band cover Dave Matthews, Metallica and Led Zeppelin in the same set. Worth seeing even if country's not your thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postsupersloth, on 09 August 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

i went to run the jewels on sunday night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_rwa4ZbKgA

i'm going up to denver to see queens of the stone age this thursday at red rocks

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFca32_7YUU

let me know how queen of the stone age is

also havent been to any because i just had to fork out $4000 for my kids to play hockey

This post has been edited by DarenR: 09 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

Haven't been too a lot lately, saw rancid earlier in the year, possible atari teenage riot later this year, but pretty quite on the gig front in terms of big bands. Seen lots of local bands recently as we've been gigging a bit, it's a good 2 hour drive too see any reasonable sized bands though so with the price of fuel what it is we tend to put it off more these days
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 depricated  Icon User is online

• Derpicorn

• View blog

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

had fun putting on a show last night in Indianapolis. Tonight we're headlining in our basement and having people over for drinks and music.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

saw Matt and Kim were in Baltimore on Friday:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WgBeu3FVi60

Power Plant Live! has been showcasing various bands each Friday over the summer.

saw Buckcherry last month there as well:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wSzyKO_kW_s

and a slew of misc cover bands that were good: amish outlaws, go go gadjet, the reagan years
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Voltron's Daddy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

Putting on a pretty big festival coming up soon in South Florida: BE Easy Fest. http://www.beeasymus...tsfestival.com/

Other then that we have lots of smaller shows that we're doing locally... Papadosio, Less Than Jake, Zed's Dead, Rusko (with Roni Size!!!), etc - just had Andrew WK, that was fun.

Oh, hey DICheads! :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostCraig328, on 09 August 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Saw Tim McGraw earlier this summer. Just saw Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band and Eli Young Band this past weekend. Zac Brown puts on a hell of a show. Never seen a band cover Dave Matthews, Metallica and Led Zeppelin in the same set. Worth seeing even if country's not your thing.

Ok, now I'm curious about this one...Dave Matthews, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, all covered by a country band???

Haven't seen any bands live recently, but I have the 2nd week in september booked off work because Newcastle is hosting this year's annual science festival, which should be fun :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostBort, on 13 August 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

View PostCraig328, on 09 August 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ok, now I'm curious about this one...Dave Matthews, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, all covered by a country band???

Yep. I kid you not.

So, for those who don't listen to country (and that'd be the vast majority of you kids), this is a popular Zac Brown tune. He's local to where I live (north Georgia area) and used to play a little restaurant/bar thing just down the road from us. I have friends that used to hang out with him after his shows. Thing is, like many musicians he's talented across many instruments (although he sticks to guitar pretty much exclusively these days) and like pretty much every kid, he listened to all kinds of things. So, there we are at his show a few weeks back and while his sets are mostly his music, he and his band will play damned near anything. So, yep, they covered Metallica as well as Led Zeppelin....and did both quite well. They covered Darius Rucker at our show (but that's another country tune so most here wouldn't know it) and Steve Miller Band.

I understand they'll also bust out with covers for Van Morrison, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, the Eagles and a few others. Pretty much just depends on whatever they decide to play.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

That's awesome... I really need to see these guys live at some point :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Well, I'll be honest: I ended up at that show because my wife is a Kenny Chesney fan and Zac Brown Band is touring with Kenny Chesney right now. I have a fair size playlist that features Zac Brown and I'd heard they put on a good show but I wasn't aware of all the covers they'll perform.

Anyway, opportunity came up for us to see the show, I bought tickets and we went. I got a better show than I expected and while Kenny Chesney was the headline act, I thought Zac Brown was better. Mind you, it was his homecoming (we saw him in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome) and he had like 45K people in the audience so it may have been one of his more inspired performances but I'm told he's always put on a good show with a fair variety of music.

If you can see him and the price is reasonable, by all means, go. If it's at an outdoor venue, better still.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 depricated  Icon User is online

• Derpicorn

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Best show I've ever been to is, hands down, the Cat Empire. They're just incredible, and are the only band I've ever seen that's better live than in studio. But that's because they're musicians, they play for the music, and each song is a mood, a part of the show, not just notes for enough seconds to fill most of an Audio CD or to get them through a set.

After that, Green Day is very similar in that their music live is nothing like on their albums. Not quite as good a show as Cat Empire, but bigger and flashier and certainly they pour incredible amounts of energy into their performances.

Other good shows I've seen recently were Gogol Bordello, Hey Ocean, and the Megas (not all together).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'm waffling on going to Boston Calling this year. It has a pretty solid lineup, but I really only care that Gaslight Anthem will be here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +