• +
  • Last »

93 Replies - 6707 Views - Last Post: 09 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

#1 depricated  Icon User is online

• Derpicorn

• View blog

Electronic Cigarettes and "Vaping"

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

So about a month or so ago I dropped $80 on an e-cigarette kit with a bunch of cartomizers, etc. That's about the cost, around here, for 2 cartons of L&M. I got the equivalent of 3 cartons in cartomizers with that.

Since then I've purchased one 'carton' - a 5pack of cartridges(each cart is ~2 packs worth). That was pretty cool, ran me $11.

My roommate went a slightly different route and got a refillable "clearamizer" and a bunch of liquid. Last night on the drive home from Indy my last cart ran out of fluid. We figured out how to refill it with his stuff - and this stuff is like $6 a bottle and should be good for 10+ fills.

Plus, I feel better since switching. I feel like I did when I quit smoking 5 years ago. For the 4 years I was smoke free I always wanted something like this because occasionally I would want to feel the sensation of inhaling smoke, though not actually feel the need for nicotine.

I'm pretty impressed with it. Anyone else tried this out?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Electronic Cigarettes and "Vaping"

#2 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Electronic Cigarettes and "Vaping"

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

I used ecigs to quit smoking 4 years ago. Bought the refill liquids in varying nicotine amounts and stepped down my intake to zero. I was smoke free for three years. I slid back into the habit last October. Got a new ecig for free (thanks, creativecoding), but I lost it. I need to pick up another one and try to step myself down again. I really don't like the tightness in my chest or the fact that my mouth tastes like an ashtray... need to quit for good this time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 jimblumberg  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm quite confident you can do it, if I can so can you. Go for it!

Jim
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Quitters never win, and winners never quit!

Or wait, that's not the right one, is it?
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

I've got a ton of co-workers that use ecigs with the refillable chambers, including one that never smoked a day in his life. They even mix their own flavors with varying levels of nicotine because apparently you can buy pure liquid nicotine without any special licenses or anything. You'd think something that poisonous would be regulated by the FDA, but apparently not. I still smoke the good old analog versions and I can feel the slow death with each drag. I might switch one day, but then again I may just quit altogether. I've quit before, so I know how difficult it can be, but if you really want it, there's nothing to stop you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

I've actually seen more teenagers use them then actual adults around my area. I guess it can fulfill your curiosity... but it might be treated as a stepping stone to try something else, e.g. cigarettes, soft/hard drugs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

i've never seen anyone step up, only step down using them.

that would be neat however, i'm all about them since people can use them indoors and i'm not stuck waiting outside with asshole friends who want a cig or holding down a table at the bar while they step outside.

smokers are the worst.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

My workplace has a "tobacco free" policy where you can only smoke inside your personal vehicle. I was fine with this. A few weeks ago, they modified the policy to include a ban on electronic cigarettes. You can't use them unless you are in your personal vehicle. They claim that other people find the odor of the vapors offensive while still others are distracted by the visual similarity of the vapors to smoke.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bastard Operator From Hell
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

E-cigs actually helped me quit, took me four months. Unfortunately fast forward 1 and 1/2 years later... I still smoke an occasional cigarette.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Honestly the education against tobacco usage has been so successful, it's become looked down upon to smoke at all - no matter the situation. People collectively hate on smokers. Some may say they just hate the smell, but they'll still be feeling that hate if they see someone smoking alone far away from you. And it extends, like b9 said, to the vaping world. There's no smell and no second-vapor dangers (source). Those bans are based purely on biased views against smokers.

too many haters.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

POPULAR

View PostBenignDesign, on 13 August 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

...snip...
They claim that other people find the odor of the vapors offensive while still others are distracted by the visual similarity of the vapors to smoke.

Sounds like your workplace needs a policy against whiny douchbags, too.
Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

#12 depricated  Icon User is online

• Derpicorn

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostKilorn, on 13 August 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

I've got a ton of co-workers that use ecigs with the refillable chambers, including one that never smoked a day in his life. They even mix their own flavors with varying levels of nicotine because apparently you can buy pure liquid nicotine without any special licenses or anything. You'd think something that poisonous would be regulated by the FDA, but apparently not. I still smoke the good old analog versions and I can feel the slow death with each drag. I might switch one day, but then again I may just quit altogether. I've quit before, so I know how difficult it can be, but if you really want it, there's nothing to stop you.

I actually switched to save money, rather than to quit. I've gone from spending about $80 every 2 weeks to...$11.40 in July and so far nothing spent in August. That alone is huge imo. I just refilled my cartridge a few minutes ago, should be good for another 2 days (and I smoked over a pack a day).

View PostBenignDesign, on 13 August 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

My workplace has a "tobacco free" policy where you can only smoke inside your personal vehicle. I was fine with this. A few weeks ago, they modified the policy to include a ban on electronic cigarettes. You can't use them unless you are in your personal vehicle. They claim that other people find the odor of the vapors offensive while still others are distracted by the visual similarity of the vapors to smoke.

That's...incredibly small minded of them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Postdepricated, on 10 August 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

[...]

Plus, I feel better since switching. I feel like I did when I quit smoking 5 years ago. For the 4 years I was smoke free I always wanted something like this because occasionally I would want to feel the sensation of inhaling smoke, though not actually feel the need for nicotine.

I'm pretty impressed with it. Anyone else tried this out?

I stumbled upon this post while searching for something else, and felt obligated to share my experience.

I started 'smoking' (vaping) e cigarettes 3 years ago. My first e cig was a V2, then I switched to a Provari (more advanced), but still use the V2 as it is much smaller and convenient.

Anyway, since I switched to e cigarettes, my life went to a whole new level. I have no more health issues, I feel and look much better, I can smoke wherever (almost) and whenever I want, I'm never out of cigarettes, I spend much less money, and my house and clothes are finally free of smoke odor :)/>!

I would recommend switching to e cigarettes to all smokers.
By the way, the switch was effortless!

You can find a 10% discount on the V2 here: www.ismokehealhy.net - if you're interested in that particular brand.

Cheers,
Zara
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I know nothing about e-cigarettes, but a friend of mine owns http://www.nwvapors.com/ and they seem to be doing very well, so I guess it must be good business.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

View Postcreativecoding, on 13 August 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Honestly the education against tobacco usage has been so successful, it's become looked down upon to smoke at all - no matter the situation. People collectively hate on smokers. Some may say they just hate the smell, but they'll still be feeling that hate if they see someone smoking alone far away from you. And it extends, like b9 said, to the vaping world. There's no smell and no second-vapor dangers (source). Those bans are based purely on biased views against smokers.

too many haters.

New study says otherwise. I avoid any kind of smoking and smokers altogether, so I don't much care.

This post has been edited by farrell2k: 10 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »