Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Electronic Cigarettes and "Vaping"

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

This is why I could never be a teacher. I'd have beat you both with whatever large, blunt object I could find by now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 11 October 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

This is why I could never be a teacher. I'd have beat you both with whatever large, blunt object I could find by now.

*grabs belgarion262's popcorn and his comfy chair*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Prince of all (2) Saiyans

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostCraig328, on 11 October 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

View PostBenignDesign, on 11 October 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

*grabs belgarion262's popcorn and his comfy chair*

*pouts and plots revenge*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 13 August 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

My workplace has a "tobacco free" policy where you can only smoke inside your personal vehicle. I was fine with this. A few weeks ago, they modified the policy to include a ban on electronic cigarettes. You can't use them unless you are in your personal vehicle. They claim that other people find the odor of the vapors offensive while still others are distracted by the visual similarity of the vapors to smoke.

Such a ridiculously stupid policy. Is the parking lot not ample enough room? How about just outside the door of the lobby? I can understand not smoking at your desk.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 12 October 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

View PostBenignDesign, on 13 August 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

My workplace has a "tobacco free" policy where you can only smoke inside your personal vehicle. I was fine with this. A few weeks ago, they modified the policy to include a ban on electronic cigarettes. You can't use them unless you are in your personal vehicle. They claim that other people find the odor of the vapors offensive while still others are distracted by the visual similarity of the vapors to smoke.

Such a ridiculously stupid policy. Is the parking lot not ample enough room? How about just outside the door of the lobby? I can understand not smoking at your desk.

Cigarette smoke is a known carcinogen. Research suggests these electronic cigarettes are as well. Why should non-smokers entering or leaving the building be forced to breathe this smoke? People have to work, but they don't have to smoke or breathe second hand smoke. Seems like a good policy to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#37 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Apparently the fumes are also intelligent and malicious, capable of pursuing a person across a parking lot and zapping them with magic cancer beams. Pretty neat, actually. Maybe we should try to talk to them - perhaps we could be friends, and not enemies?
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

E-cigs (depending on the brand and what not) can be very good. But you have to be willing to drop a lot of cash on that stuff. I am pretty sure it costs my friend (He is trying to quit smoking but hasn't been very successful so far) more money than it costs me to smoke regular cigs. I switched brand the other month, I went to these "NXT's." They are great, they are like camel crush but better in my opinion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Stressed Out Programmer

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

My Wife and I are on Day 5 of no real cigarettes . I bought a E Vape and 2x 10 oz bottles of Nicotine Liquid all for about $50. The Liquid itself is only $5 a bottle (18 mg) and now my wife wants her own e vape. (Guess I am picking one up tomorrow , as well as some more liquid).We would Spend $160 a month on cigarettes and now ,just taking in account the 4 bottles every 2 weeks, we will drop to $40 a month. We tried the cartomizers first ( a year ago) and ran into the problem that once they go dead, you have to wait a long time before they get charged to get your nic fit fixed. The ones we have now allow puffing while its charging.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I bought a V2 last month, but I don't use it enough. I think I need stronger liquid, about 3 puffs in and it feels like I'm just puffing air.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View Postsynlight, on 28 October 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

I bought a V2 last month, but I don't use it enough. I think I need stronger liquid, about 3 puffs in and it feels like I'm just puffing air.

Sounds Like it. That is the way I felt with Green Smoke's Normal. The 18mg liquids kill the nick fit pretty well. I am really happy with mine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#42 bingy  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have been real cigarette free for the last 72 hours and while I have 2 e-cigs, Victory and Vapor4Life, I have been using them sparingly. I only take 1 large puff every time I get a major craving for a cig. Luckily, those cravings have been few and far between but I know I am not out of the woods just yet. I figure that once I have done this for about 3 months, I should be cured of this demon habit that I have.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostTheCrazy8th, on 14 October 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

E-cigs (depending on the brand and what not) can be very good. But you have to be willing to drop a lot of cash on that stuff. I am pretty sure it costs my friend (He is trying to quit smoking but hasn't been very successful so far) more money than it costs me to smoke regular cigs. I switched brand the other month, I went to these "NXT's." They are great, they are like camel crush but better in my opinion.

I guess it depends on where you live. Places where you can still buy a pack of premium cigarettes for $2, sure. Ohio it runs $5.10 for a pack of L&Ms. I've heard they're over $10 in New York.

Contrariwise:

$7 USB Charger
$27 for a good Ego Spinner (adjustable voltage) Battery
$15 for a good tank
and then $10/30ml liquid

Shortly after I made the original post I followed my roommate's method and instead of using the disposable cartomizers I got the above set. The gas station up the street from me sells a starter kit for $20 that comes with a charger, battery, and tank, as well. Smaller battery, plastic wicking tank (which means the wick will need to eventually be replaced, but that's cheap), and the charger to get started. They have 30ml bottles of juice for $10. That ranges depending on what and where you buy. AltSmoke has some of the best flavors in town and they sell in 10ml bottles for $7/ea or 3 for 18 - and 3ml bottles for $18, of their stuff. I was a carton a week smoker. I've used about half of the 4 30ml bottles I picked up in August. I dropped roughly $80 on liquid in August and haven't spent a dollar since.

Before I started vaping I had budgeted $160 a month to cigarettes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Depricated -> That is about what we figured per month and we were smoking menthol 100s pall malls at $40 a carton. Day 6 and I already started tasting and smelling things again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Day 12 and still no real cigs. I even last through a CF of a NG Drill Weekend.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »