1 Replies - 370 Views - Last Post: 15 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wordpress - Need to archive 100s of pdf's and be able to search 4

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hey guys I have a question, not to familar with wordpress but learning.
I have to get these pdf publications that are released through out the year back to the 80s on a website all on one page.
The newest one having a small pic to see, short amount of txt, the rest need to be on a sidebar categorized by year, clicking on the year reveals that years publications below that you can download.

Now I am not sure if there is a plugin for this I had a look, couldn't find one.

So I have an idea and just wanted some input if this is feasible.
To give you a picture: everything displayed one page, in the middle the latest release with a small image and text, on the right side all the past issues categorized by year.

So I was thinking of maybe just creating a new post for each issue released, adding text and image, a download link to the pdf and somehow tagging each one by edition, year, etc, adding it to the category "publications".
Then on a page lets call "publications" have some php displaying the latest post found in the "publications" category displayed in the middle and on the right sidebar some php to gather all the past posts in the "publications" catergosied by year in list view.
That way when a new issue comes out it is displayed on the "publications" page and old pushed to archive.

Would also need to be able to search for these if you have any ideas that might help.

I am just wanting some direction if this is the way to go or not.. if someone has a better idea or some helpful advice im all ears :)

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wordpress - Need to archive 100s of pdf's and be able to search 4

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Wordpress - Need to archive 100s of pdf's and be able to search 4

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

This can be deleted by a mod, I don't know how to myself.
I have done what I was thinking and it's working.
Thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1