3 Replies - 3720 Views - Last Post: 24 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wordpress Child Theme Tutorials?

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Are there any good tutorials out there on child themes? I have yet to find any. I've got down the basics of how to start a child theme, how to edit some of the CSS and whatnot, but not everything can be edited within CSS alone and there is no way to edit the HTML directly that I have found. Perhaps I'm just not understanding it entirely.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wordpress Child Theme Tutorials?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wordpress Child Theme Tutorials?

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Wordpress's site has a solid step by step for child themes.. and yes.. you would be editing the php of the theme directly.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostCrovox, on 15 August 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Are there any good tutorials out there on child themes? I have yet to find any. I've got down the basics of how to start a child theme, how to edit some of the CSS and whatnot, but not everything can be edited within CSS alone and there is no way to edit the HTML directly that I have found. Perhaps I'm just not understanding it entirely.

I fully agree with you. I have seen a plethora of information on creating child themes, but I have yet to see one single article anywhere on the Web that can explain in simple terms how to edit/modify a theme . As soon as I get to grips with the CSS , PHP etc. and wordpress itself I will post some useful content. I need some Web development Guru who knows what they are doing to show me a few things.
I get the feeling that those in the know either don't want to share or don't know how to share
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

View Postalvinmpaul, on 24 October 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

...snip...
I fully agree with you. I have seen a plethora of information on creating child themes, but I have yet to see one single article anywhere on the Web that can explain in simple terms how to edit/modify a theme .

Wouldn't it figure that if you can create a theme then you have the tools to be able to modify one?

View Postalvinmpaul, on 24 October 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

As soon as I get to grips with the CSS , PHP etc. and wordpress itself I will post some useful content. I need some Web development Guru who knows what they are doing to show me a few things.
I get the feeling that those in the know either don't want to share or don't know how to share

Yes.. knowing the basics of php, css, etc are critical for you knowing how to edit/create a theme.

As I said before - the wordpress site explains (in depth) every file, the main function, etc you need to know.
http://codex.wordpre...eme_Development
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1