2 Replies - 872 Views - Last Post: 18 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Direction and possibly links, please!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

To be honest I'm an old school gamer. I believe that the only function of graphics is to compliment the game-play. I would like to go back in time about 1999 when the Sega Dreamcast came out. I would like to be a video game programer in that era.

I guess this is a way to ask for links to DC programming. Is there even a tiny community that still develops for DC?

I really hope there is, because I loved the DC, and i would love programming for it still. I guess I'm asking "is the DC community even remotely active anymore"? And if the answer to this question is even remotely "Yes"(which I'm praying to God it is), could you please send me some links?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Direction and possibly links, please!

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Direction and possibly links, please!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

I don't know about DC community, but you should probably search for sega dreamcast SDK(Software Development Kit), if they have such a thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 cfoley  Icon User is online

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Direction and possibly links, please!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

To be honest I'm an old school gamer. I believe that the only function of graphics is to compliment the game-play. I would like to go back in time about 1999 when the Sega Dreamcast came out. I would like to be a video game programer in that era.

The funny thing is, back in 1999 I was saying the same as you. You want to get into 80's computer games with classics like Chuckie Egg, Dizzy, Manic Minor & Jet Set Willy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1