3 Replies - 1499 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2013 - 08:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to change the height of the paper size based on items in a bill

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

Dear All,

i have developed a billing software for retail using VB 6.0 , now i want to design a bill print, the width of the paper should be 3 inch and height should not be fix. Because the height varies depends on the items in the bill.

For Example : In a bill , a single item can be , 10 or even more.., so i don't want to fix the height of the paper size

I've tried using crystal report and my printer is TVS-MSP-245, By default, the paper size of my driver is Letter(Width : 8.5 & Height :11). If i change the height property of this paper size, the more items in a bill is not printing in a paper completely

Suggest me, How to change the height of the paper size based on items in a bill

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to change the height of the paper size based on items in a bill

#2 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to change the height of the paper size based on items in a bill

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Paper size is based on the printer, not the items.
If you have 3,000 items you aren't going to print them all on one sheet at 2 points tall per line.
If your font is 12 point it will remain 12 point regardless of the number of times.
You then calculate how many pages are needed based on the size of hte paper.

If you would move forward from (long dead) VB6 into at least VB.NET there are a LOT of print classes readily available to you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

sometimes i ask myself if tlhIn`toq is being paid to convert people from VB6 to .net xD
but he has a point, you need to know how many items fit inside a single sheet of paperand when you run out of space just tell the printer to start a new page.
depened on the printer itself you may be able to print unlimited amount of items (atleast until the printer run out of paper)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

<Laugh> - I just hate seeing people struggle with something a decade out of date when a better choice is available... and free.

Its like watching someone struggling to bring blocks of ice to their 1950's ice box, when someone wants to give them a brand new electric refrigerator. Only they insist that what they need is a better way to get the ice delivered.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1