2 Replies - 3291 Views - Last Post: 26 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Windows Phone Notification Tones

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hello,

I am a developer with begginer skills. I was just sort of curious to anyone out there who deems themselves a windows phone guru or even just advanced in the phases of design and development of mobile applications.

I realize that windows phones do not provide the option of setting customized notification tones. I was wondering how in the world with all the hacks out there, that someone has not been able to develop some sort of way around this???? could it be done? it seems like all you would need to do is get that little appropriate sound file format saved into whatever secret folder holds the notification rings.

This is just a curiosity of HOW it could be done, or WHY it cannot be done. All I'm saying is people seem to be able to hack every other operating system and computer application out there, why is it seemingly undoable for a mobile device?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Windows Phone Notification Tones

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Windows Phone Notification Tones

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

First of all, what notification tones are you talking about exactly? You can definitely change ringtones. More than that, you can do that from third-party applications as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Windows Phone Notification Tones

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Ringtones are ringtones...when the phone rings, or for alarms.

What I would like is notifications...ie text message, email, etc...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1