11 Replies - 3287 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2013 - 11:55 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to send SMS using VB without using GSMmodem?

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

How to send SMS usng VB without using GSM modem or any device
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to send SMS using VB without using GSMmodem?

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to send SMS using VB without using GSMmodem?

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Telepathy? Astral Projection? Smoke signals? I'm not sure how you expect to send an SMS message without using SOME sort of device. Perhaps you could use one of the on-line SMS services.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

There is this thing called paper -- pen where you can write your sms then stuff it in an envelope. After addressiing the envelope and placing a stamp on it you either give it to a mailman or post office. Wait a few days and your recipient should receive your sms.
Perhaps you are trying to circumvent someone's security by not wanting to use any type of modem or sending device.
There are free products available online but that is for you to research.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

I try to search some possibility of sending SMS without using any device like using free apps like Chikka Text Messenger but it is not possible to connect to VB.. really need your help >__<
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostCharlene Carmelo, on 27 August 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

... using free apps like Chikka Text Messenger but it is not possible to connect to VB.. really need your help >__<

Well, if you are using an app on your PC, it's up to the app designer to provide a way to control it with VB.Net, and he or she may not want to do that. You'd need to contact the company and ask if there is an API for their program.

If it's an online messaging service, it's a matter of creating either WebRequests or a WebBrowser control, and navigating to their site and interacting with the web pages.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

View Postlar3ry, on 27 August 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostCharlene Carmelo, on 27 August 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

... using free apps like Chikka Text Messenger but it is not possible to connect to VB.. really need your help >__<

Well, if you are using an app on your PC, it's up to the app designer to provide a way to control it with VB.Net, and he or she may not want to do that. You'd need to contact the company and ask if there is an API for their program.

If it's an online messaging service, it's a matter of creating either WebRequests or a WebBrowser control, and navigating to their site and interacting with the web pages.

Thank you very much .. i'll try to contact chikka messenger so we can be able to use their apps ..
if we will bw using GSM modem ... are we going to reload it so it can be able to sen messages? :helpsmilie:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hi,

You can use an sms gateway for this.

example gateway company selling sms texts

http://www.experttexting.com/features/

list of sms gateways worldwide

http://en.wikipedia....of_SMS_gateways

most of them charge a small fee to pay for the text but generally work out at 0.015 or US$0.035 per text
its really up to you how much you buy it could be 10 or 10,000 and that of course reduces the individual cost of the texts.

You would send an email to the required gateway which you will be given when you sign up, this then delivers the text via the phone companys servers.

Regards

Snoopy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postsnoopy11, on 27 August 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Hi,

You can use an sms gateway for this.

example gateway company selling sms texts

http://www.experttexting.com/features/

list of sms gateways worldwide

http://en.wikipedia....of_SMS_gateways

most of them charge a small fee to pay for the text but generally work out at 0.015 or US$0.035 per text
its really up to you how much you buy it could be 10 or 10,000 and that of course reduces the individual cost of the texts.

You would send an email to the required gateway which you will be given when you sign up, this then delivers the text via the phone companys servers.

Regards

Snoopy.

Hi snoopy :) thankyou for the suggestion but Philippines is not on the list of that product :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostCharlene Carmelo, on 28 August 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Hi snoopy :) thankyou for the suggestion but Philippines is not on the list of that product :(

There are a number of free gateways. A Google search for "send sms online" (without the quotes), sent me to this site. Click on Asia, then Philippines, and send your message. Or you can go directly to the message page.

This post has been edited by lar3ry: 28 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postlar3ry, on 28 August 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

View PostCharlene Carmelo, on 28 August 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Hi snoopy :)/> thankyou for the suggestion but Philippines is not on the list of that product :(/>

There are a number of free gateways. A Google search for "send sms online" (without the quotes), sent me to this site. Click on Asia, then Philippines, and send your message. Or you can go directly to the message page.

Thank you very much i send a message through that site :) i will try to connect it with Visual Basic , BTW Can i ask you one more question ,,, is it possible to code a broad band stick to Visual Basic and use it in sending message thank you :))
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostCharlene Carmelo, on 28 August 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

...is it possible to code a broad band stick to Visual Basic and use it in sending message thank you :)/>/>)

I'm not sure what it is you are calling a broad band stick. Here in Canada (and likely in the US), we have products that you can plug into a USB port, and which connect to the cellphone network (currently either 4G or LTE). They act like a cell phone in that they access the internet through the same process as a cell phone, but I have no idea if you can use them to directly send SMS. On the positive side, they will allow you to use a free gateway like the one I pointed out.

If you mean something other than what I described, I have no idea what you can do with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

View Postlar3ry, on 28 August 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostCharlene Carmelo, on 28 August 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

...is it possible to code a broad band stick to Visual Basic and use it in sending message thank you :)/>/>/>)

I'm not sure what it is you are calling a broad band stick. Here in Canada (and likely in the US), we have products that you can plug into a USB port, and which connect to the cellphone network (currently either 4G or LTE). They act like a cell phone in that they access the internet through the same process as a cell phone, but I have no idea if you can use them to directly send SMS. On the positive side, they will allow you to use a free gateway like the one I pointed out.

If you mean something other than what I described, I have no idea what you can do with it.

Yep that's what i'm talking about thank you very much for the ideas you help me a lot .. God Bless :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1