1 Replies - 815 Views - Last Post: 27 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Advice on career development

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have been a developer for the past 7 years. Initially, I used technologies such as JSP, java, HTML, and Javascript. As of the past 6 years, I have been working with a company where I have mostly been doing only core java. My concern that I have been having is that if I need to pursue a different job for some reason, I feel like I may not be prepared as other technologies are requirements for job postings that I have seen. The most common among the postings include Java EE, Spring, Java, and Hibernate. I guess I would like to get input on whether or not this would be a drawback for me trying to find another position? Should I take it upon myself and learn these other technologies? I was even thinking of writing a similar application the the one I currently work on with one in parallel using the technologies that I mentioned. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Advice on career development

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Advice on career development

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

This is my current situation, but I'm moving out, I hope. Don't you own a PC? That's the only thing keeping me from moving on. If I buy one, I'll study and make stuff like crazy so that I know at least I'll have the basic skills to go out on the wild.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1