5 Replies - 860 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2013 - 11:34 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

a good tutorial to study visual basic.net

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

i know some basic stuff of vb.net

i know how to create programs with database. from connection and printing of records

but are there any good tutorial to learn how to use any of its control on toolbox. i know it depends on the imagination of the programmer. like a textbox is use to input string or something else. i dont know how to use some of the controls. thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: a good tutorial to study visual basic.net

#2 _HAWK_  Icon User is online

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: a good tutorial to study visual basic.net

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Do you have specific ones in mind? What do you need them to do?

Home and Learn Web Site
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

can i ask question here sir? many question?

first.

when doing program. how do you know what are the codes u need to create program?

what are the uses of namespace? and when do i know what namespace i will use?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

In your question how do programmer know what are the codes u need to create program?

I thinks it is based on their experience, and it's a matter of Trial and error to succeed.. :).. I am also new to programming..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Knowing what code you will need comes with experience. I don't just jump straight into coding when I begin a project. I write documentation/flow charts/TOE charts/etc.. so I know what kind of structure my program will be using, what kind of functions I'll need. Will I need database connections? If so how will the database be laid out? It all comes with practice.

When it comes to namespaces doing research, practice, and Visual Studio itself are going to be your biggest help. Research on the topic your are trying to figure out. If you type in Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(textbox1.text) into your program you will get a squigly line underneath it telling you you need to use the System.IO namespace.

Above everything though, practice, practice, practice. You won't grow your skill-set without it. Think of something you do on a normal day to day basis and then think of a way that you could do it programatically. Then try it. If you have questions do research, ask them here, etc..but give it a shot, even if you don't succeed, I can almost guarantee you will learn something you didn't know. I've been programming for quite a few years, and I still learn new things every day.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

wow thanks for the reply. i think the first step is to read a good book and then find a job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1