2 Replies - 3784 Views - Last Post: 08 September 2007 - 01:27 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

MSAccess database not supported by VB in Data Control

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:40 AM

Hello,

First of all thanks to all who have answered my previous post

In my project I am using MS-ACCESS version 2000, VB 6 and Crystal Reports 8.5

In VB I am not able to connect to access databases of version 2000 using the data control or ADO . I gives error "unrecognized database format".
If I convert the MS-Access Database to 97 format then it works but the message says that i may not be able to change the design of the tables.

IS THERE ANY REFERENCE IN VB TO USE HIGHER VERSIONS OF MS-ACCESS DATABASE like 2000, 2002 USING DATA CONTROL.

So I started using DataEnviornment to connect to the databases in 2000 format and it works well. How come it connect successfully with Data enviornment. While connecting i use microsoft jet 4.0 provider

Now my problem is I added a DBCombo and want all the product names from Product table in the combo list, and bound the column productno. But using Data Enviornment i am not able to set the Recordsource property for DBcombo. its possible with data control, but as I said I can't connect with the 2000 format database using data control.

Thanks again to all

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: MSAccess database not supported by VB in Data Control

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: MSAccess database not supported by VB in Data Control

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:12 AM

You need to post the code you're using to connect to the database in order for us to help, we cant help if we cant see what you're doing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: MSAccess database not supported by VB in Data Control

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:27 AM

I got the solution. Since VB 6 was introduces before Office 2000, the data control was not supporting it. I installed Visual Basic 6 Service Pack from Microsoft website. Now I can access through data control

This post has been edited by priya2345: 08 September 2007 - 01:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1