2 Replies - 1243 Views - Last Post: 30 August 2013 - 05:59 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Error "Application is not a member of My"

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

i recently added a splash screen to my vb.net project and now it give me an error when i try to run it. below is the code where the error is coming from. I have tried to run devenv.exe/resetsettings from command prompt but failed, i tried to change the .vbpro file with not pad but can't find the namespace to do that, in the propertities window i can't tick the enable application framework property

Imports System.Windows.Forms
Public NotInheritable Class SplashScreen1

'TODO: This form can easily be set as the splash screen for the application by going to the "Application" tab
    '  of the Project Designer ("Properties" under the "Project" menu).

Private Sub SplashScreen1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        'Set up the dialog text at runtime according to the application's assembly information.  

'TODO: Customize the application's assembly information in the "Application" pane of the project 
        '  properties dialog (under the "Project" menu).

'Application title

If True Then
            If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(My.Application.Info.Title) Then
                ApplicationTitle.Text = My.Application.Info.Title
            Else
                'If the application title is missing, use the application name, without the extension
                ApplicationTitle.Text = System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(My.Application.Info.AssemblyName)
            End If

'Format the version information using the text set into the Version control at design time as the
            '  formatting string.  This allows for effective localization if desired.
            '  Build and revision information could be included by using the following code and changing the 
            '  Version control's designtime text to "Version {0}.{1:00}.{2}.{3}" or something similar.  See
            '  String.Format() in Help for more information.
            '
            '    Version.Text = System.String.Format(Version.Text, My.Application.Info.Version.Major, My.Application.Info.Version.Minor, My.Application.Info.Version.Build, My.Application.Info.Version.Revision)

Version.Text = System.[String].Format(Version.Text, My.Application.Info.Version.Major, My.Application.Info.Version.Minor)

'Copyright info
            Copyright.Text = My.Application.Info.Copyright
        End If
    End Sub

End Class

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 28 August 2013 - 05:44 AM
Reason for edit:: CODE tags

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Error "Application is not a member of My"

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Error "Application is not a member of My"

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

1. Use code tags. This makes 4 times now that I know of... If you don't know how it shows up right behind where you are typing anywhere on this page or any other page where you post something on this site.

Readability - this is why we use [code] tags. Nobody wants to scroll through a wall of un-formatted text.

If you don't want to type out the code tags there is a button located above where your are typing your post for your convenience, simply highlight all of your code and click that button.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Error "Application is not a member of My"

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

What is the error you are receiving?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -