It will will be easy to get started on this one because we have a template with a basic model that you can change how you see fit to meet the rules.
Number of downloads: 22
- Your entry should be hosted for all to see on the web, there are many free hosting sites if you don't have a domain of your own.
- You can use jPlayer.js as a video or audio player, your choice.
- The voting will be based on the best usage of the players controls and implementation, and I am sure some design.
- There will be NO use of jPlayer templates (skins) allowed, your player(s) must be your own design and code. Anyone that is caught using a jPlayer skin will be disqualified and will not get to be in the final vote.
- The final rule is that if you are going to post someone elses audio or video you must not post it all without their permission ( be honest ). Have respect for others work, there are plenty of sites to get free legal sounds, like the toilet audio in the template or try making your own. If you post a full song and are called out, you will be expected to provide written permission from the owner or proof that it is legal to use without written permission.
So basicly, use jplayer.js to create a unique and working video or audio player. Host the finished code on a web host for all to see, and most of all have fun with it. get creative, just because its an audio player doesn't mean it has to have buttons and play songs.
This competition will be open until the 22nd of September, after which voting will commence.
Good luck everyone.
jPlayer Quick Start Guide - cssSelector api
jPlayer 2.4.0 Developer Guide
OpenShift.com by Red Hat
This post has been edited by laytonsdad: 01 September 2013 - 10:09 AM