3 Replies - 679 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New D.I.C. Head

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hey guys, I'm a noob programmer that is trying to learn. I figured this is a great community to be a part of. As for programming experience, I started learning C++, C# and JAVA in at a community college less than a year ago. On the side I am learning HTML5, Javascript, PHP, ASP.net and MySQL so that I can make websites. I want to master C# and become a professional .NET developer one day. Anyways, bare with me when I ask dumb questions lol

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New D.I.C. Head

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New D.I.C. Head

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hello Jake, & welcome to Dream In Code!

Just my opinion, but that's a lot of languages to be learning in just a year.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, & becoming part of our community!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Wow that was a fast reply Pencil, thanks for the welcoming. Yeah, I've really just learned the absolute basics to these languages so far. I can't do anything but simple console applications with c++, and I'm pretty beginner with JAVA too. I am currently taking a class on C#, which I really enjoy. C# is helping me understand GUI's more, and I can actually create decent applications. Everything that has to do with web development, however, I have learned on my own time throughhttp://thenewboston.org. I just figured out about D.I.C. and it looks as if there are some great tutorials here as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Hi jakethegreat;
Welcome to the forum! I am new here too but am a decent programmer. Much of what I learned was from tutorials here (before I registered), thenewboston and tutorialspoint. I also recommend w3schools for web development. Also, as no2pencil said, those are a lot of languages to be tackling. Nonetheless, you will have lots of fun learning program and once again, welcome!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1