1 Replies - 2303 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Where do you put the patch on this mac app?

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding how applications work, and how to apply this patch? I want to use a wiimote as a mouse, so I download this app Darwiinremote - but, it doesn't work on OSX 10.8 - luckily, someone who knows a lot more about programming than I do posted this fix

http://www.hakubi.us...lion/#more-2386

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it, or where to put the fixed code because I don't know enough about how apps work yet, or the language it is written in. Can any mac user/knower advise?

Original program: http://sourceforge.n...te/?source=pdlp

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Where do you put the patch on this mac app?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Where do you put the patch on this mac app?

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Download the patch and the original source code of the application. Unzip the source code. Open a terminal and cd into the directory containing the unzipped source code. Now type in patch -p1 < /path/to/the/patchfile.patch (where /path/to/the/patchfile.patch should be replaced with the actual path to the patch file). Now compile and install the application as usual (which I assume involves typing in something like ./configure && make && sudo make install (though I'm not sure whether the latter is really what you do on OSX), but hopefully the application comes with installation instructions that you can follow).

Edit: I just noticed that on the page you linked, the author actually has a patched and compiled bundle that you can download, so none of the above is necessary. Just download the .app and run it.

This post has been edited by sepp2k: 04 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1