3 Replies - 685 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Another dreamer

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hello everyone. I am pleased to join this wonderful community already! I have been programming for about 5 years mostly in assembly, C++, Java, BASIC and some web development. I was also wondering which new language I should learn. Short intro written in haste but nonetheless, thanks for letting me be a part of this online community! :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Another dreamer

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Another dreamer

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Sorry guys for not posting in the template. No negative rep please. :)

Name: Shivam
Birthdate: 16 march 1999
Sex: Male
Height: 5 6"
Weight: 120 Pounds
Hair: Brown/Black
Eyes: Light blue
Education: Skipped a few grades and in MIT freshman at the moment
Programming Languages: C++, Web development languages, Python, Ruby, Java, BASIC (and variations of BASIC), assembly, C, C# and a few more.
Years Programming/Designing: ~5 years
Employer: Internship for 12 weeks at NSA
Hobbies/Interests: Programming, playing Minecraft, studying math, bio, chem and physics, going on brilliant.org etc
Favorite Bands: None
Favorite Movie: None
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Beverage: Coke
Favorite Food: Pav Bhaji
Favorite Sport: Tennis/Cricket
Favorite Phrase: None
Favorite Animal: Elephant, Lion, Tiger
Favorite Video Game: Minecraft
Favorite Quote: None
Dislikes: Programming
Last Good Book I Read: The art of CP
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, it would be stopping time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

You skipped 4 grades and are at MIT? Good luck man, and I thought I was young at my school. (I'm 19 and a junior at GaTech). I heard they don't have a straight up CS program at MIT; what is it that you are studying?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

19 and third year is pretty young too! But yeah, I am pretty good at studying so have a head start. And here is the long story of what I am learning: Ever since I was young, I had a passion for learning. I wanted to uncover all the mysteries in math and science (i.e. stem cell research, Riemann Hypothesis proof etc). To do this, the lifespan of 80-90 years is too short. At this point, pursuing an EECS PhD, I have the knowledge of 7 BsCs (Math, Bio, Chem, Phy, EECS, Bioeng, Chemeng). When I leave school in 8-9 years with 2 PhDs (EECS and Biology) I want to have the knowledge of a Postdoctoral level in all of these seven disciplines and all the respective branches (i.e. Biochem, Artificial Intelligence etc). For that, I would need 45+ PhDs, taking 100+ years. Instead, I am doing it by using textbooks and online resources. So by the time I leave MIT, I will be taking 45 PhDs of knowledge with me. After, I want to work in the Biology field (Stem cells) to possibly achieve biological immortality. This may seem childish, but it's my dream and I WILL make it a reality. And MIT does have a very serious EECS program. And thanks for welcoming me! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1