Making a media player in java.

What classes are used in making a media player?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 17376 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2009 - 02:43 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Making a media player in java.

Post icon  Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

I am studying java for a year. But i have not good grip on java. I am thinking to make a media player in java. Today i am thinking of the interface. Should I use awt or java applets. What classes i have to study in making this media player. Thanks for advance for any response. :)
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making a media player in java.

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making a media player in java.

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

I suppose you mean the cideoplayer functionality of Mediaplayer. In this case I would recommend something easier that you can extend as you go along. Maybe start from a file explorer that can dispaly the properties of files, text files, pictures, play music and finally play videos (thus you get to your media player). (and you would impelment the features in this order)

As for a mediaplayer you can choose whatever GUI you want to get familiar with. I would recommend Swing (maybe SWT, but that might be a bit more difficult to start with) , as AWT and Applets are both a bit on the verge of extinction (however they still have their niche).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Making a media player in java.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

View Postjunaidjee, on 7 Sep, 2007 - 05:47 AM, said:

I am studying java for a year. But i have not good grip on java. I am thinking to make a media player in java. Today i am thinking of the interface. Should I use awt or java applets. What classes i have to study in making this media player. Thanks for advance for any response. :)

Hello sir,i would like to reply you that for creating the media player you have to first grasp the GUI programming through java(specially SWING).In that you should also read how to use a "File chooser dialog box" and also how to locate the U.R.L(universal resource locator) of the various media files in the destination folder.After all you must know that you have to use the latest version of J.M.F(Java Media Framework) for the ease of developing media player.Adding simple abilities like playing a media clip once is O.K but for creating highly functional media player having ability to handle keyboard events for controlling volume properties and the screen adjustment properties along with looping playback and displaying the file status you must have a very good knowledge of MULTI-THREADING through JAVA.
Finally i would like to suggest you to follow the book "JAVA SWING-How To Program" by Dietel & Dietel.
Sir i have myself created the media player using this book as the reference. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 1

Page 1 of 1