1 Replies - 1126 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Final year Programming Project (CS Degree)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

hi guys. I'm starting my final year of my CS degree in a month and I'm getting a bit worried.

We have to do a year long, self guided programming project. It has to be something reasonably complex/useful to someone. It has to be a big enough project for us to be working on it for about 6 months, and include enough features to show off good knowledge of stuff etc.

Suddenly my University is expecting us to be very good across the board. Problem is the last two years it has been ridiculously easy and mostly writing BS reports, the programming modules were laughable, so I coasted my way through getting top grades thus far, without having to learn anything or do anything.

Obviously, this is my fault, but it's a bit late now to suddenly accumulate 2-3 years worth of self study knowledge. To clarify, I have a beginners knowledge in Java with no real practical experience, I've read the book head first Java and that';s about it.

The programming exams/coursework we have had to do in the last 2 years really was ridiculously easy, mostly because the school I go to is considered substandard and it shows in how they treat us and the work they give. It is still my fault that I did not push myself, but I feel really drained in terms of motivation, by having to go to a school I hate, something I really need to get over.

Now they are giving example projects like making complex AI systems, accessibility programs for disabled users, computer vision stuff, mobile apps, etc. None of which is in my capability.

What kind of project could I consider doing? I'm not terrible at programming, I just have almost no experience making something useful.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Final year Programming Project (CS Degree)

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Final year Programming Project (CS Degree)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Please refer to our established project lists:

Project Ideas

Martyr2 Mega Project List
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1