1 Replies - 657 Views - Last Post: 09 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Student interested in more than a lecture.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Name: David Andrade
Birthdate: 4/15/1992
Sex: M
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Education: Undergrad student
Programming Languages: learning C/Java
Years Programming/Designing: 0
Employer: Student at Florida International University
Hobbies/Interests: IT, Music, Robotics, Traveling
Favorite Bands: Man O War, Freedom Call, L'Arc En Ciel, Jonathan Coulton, Pendulum
Favorite Movie: King Arthur
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Number: 2
Favorite Beverage: Coffee
Favorite Food: Shepherds Pie
Favorite Sport: Tennis
Favorite Phrase: "Maybe Later"
Favorite Animal: Capybara
Favorite Video Game: too hard... tie between Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Metroid Prime 2, and Fable: Lost Chapters.
Favorite Quote: "I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing" - Socrates
Likes: Sleep, Coffee, irony, anything japanese, anything witty or ingenious, peace and quiet
Dislikes: Noise, Crowds, Clubs, lack of respect or manners, laziness, giving up, disinterest in learning.
Last Good Book I Read: Made In Japan
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: Invisibility

Hey all, I just wanted to add that I'm a student majoring in Computer Engineering who's looking to learn a little more than the slideshows that are lectured to us in my Engineering Software Techniques class. I decided I was more interested in software than the class allows us when I stopped listening to the lectures altogether and just started making a of couple small programs using the methods we are learning that day in class. Another (related) reason I decided to join is our professor is no help after class either. He only has office hours 1 day a week for an hour, and after class he rushes right out of the classroom, and I only have time to ask half a question.

Also a quick question, I saw all the programming sub forums and browsed them lightly, but I was wondering where one would post questions with a particular IDE/Compiler, Visual Studios 2013 for example, if they were having trouble with it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/greetings/cookies.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Student interested in more than a lecture.

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Student interested in more than a lecture.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Also a quick question, I saw all the programming sub forums and browsed them lightly, but I was wondering where one would post questions with a particular IDE/Compiler, Visual Studios 2013 for example, if they were having trouble with it.

Depends on the issue, but 'software support' would be the catch all.

Oh.. and welcome and junk.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1